Thursday, July 1, 2010

Waking Up To Africa

I wake up before the sun does, but anticipate it's rising as orange and purple start to fill the sky beyond the trees and Lake Victoria my excitement continues to build for what lies ahead. I find myself standing at the window over and over again during the next few minutes searching for the change I know will occur. I look out again to see two monkeys playing on the roof below, then another in a nearby tree. I get ready and head for a quick breakfast so I can search out and take pictures of the monkey's. I was hoping for 1 or 2 before I had to hop on the bus at 9 am but to my surprise there are hundreds of monkey's running, playing and eating throughout the grounds of the hotel. Mommies holding and feeding babies, teenagers running wildly with reckless abandonment and older adults watching and remembering their younger days....

1 comment: