Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Dream Trip To AFRICA

Since I was a young girl I have had the dream of going to AFRICA. Ever since I remember I not only wanted to go to see the animals but also I have always known that when I got the opportunity to travel the this intriguing country I wanted to work with the people. On June 26th my dream will come true!!! I leave for a 3 week trip to Uganda and Kenya.


My travel companion will be my mother which is another gift. 10 years ago my grandmother on my mothers side past away. I remember a conversation I had about 4 years prior to her death. Her and my grandfather had travel to many countries throughout the world and I asked her if there was any place that she wanted to go to that she never did. She said "AFRICA". I told her she could still go and she said she was to old. After she passed away I thought of this conversation often and promised myself that I would make sure that I went to AFRICA before I felt that I was to old to go. So here I am 41 years old and taking my trip to AFRICA with my mother and my grandmother in spirit. My grandmother died on July 9th and guess what-we will be in AFRICA. My mother and I plan to celebrate my grandmothers life in Uganda on that day.

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels karen and kelley. You are in our thoughts and prayers until you get home safely. May god and grandma keep watch over you on your perilous journey. Don't feed the animals on your safari.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete